A Mother’s Choice is dedicated to helping both adoptive families and birth parents. We can help you begin your adoption journey. We are a nonprofit adoption agency licensed since 1979 as a private adoptive and foster child placement agency.
Each Adoption is “TAILOR-MADE” TO BEST SERVE ALL INVOLVED!
Our goal is to meet the needs of all three parties in an adoption. In order to meet this goal, A Mother’s Choice provides the following services for each party:
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future."
FOR BIRTH PARENTS
- Counseling, examination of options and referrals, if need/appropriate
- Freedom to help select adoptive parents, if adoption is chosen
- Relocation to better environment, if adoption is chosen and circumstances warrant
- Optional correspondence with adoptive family
- Follow-up counseling as need for adoption clients
- Coverage of medical, legal, and other expenses as determined by law for adoption clients
- Birth child search when child reaches legal age, if all parties agree and as provided by statute
- Extensive study of adoptive families to ensure appropriate care
- Careful analysis of birth parents, adoptive parents, and child to determine suitable match
- Follow-up visits to make sure the child is flourishing
- Step-parent adoptions
- Counseling and support for birth/adoptive family adjustment issues
- Optional correspondence with birth family
- Birth parent search, if all parties agree and as provided by statute
FOR ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
- For couples to explore adoptive issues
- Pre-placement study of family and home
- Careful mating of family with child
- Follow-up visits after placement
- Monitoring of legal aspects
- Step-parent/step-child counseling
- Contract services for home study and follow-up visits
- Optional correspondence with birth family
PREGNANT, NOT READY? Consider Adoption!
Free, Confidential Adoption Services for Birth Parents
You are making a loving adoption plan that you can be a part of now and in the future. Let us help you make an informed decision that is best for you and your baby. We will support you every step of the way!
“Be strong and be courageous...for the LORD your God goes with you: he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Adoption is both honored and accepted by God as a worthy and blessed decision if birth parents determine it is right for them and their unborn child.
BENEFITS OF ADOPTION
- Provides you with the opportunity to pursue your future educational/career goals.
- Provides a stable loving environment for the child from birth by adoptive parents selected by you.
- Ensures healthcare and exceptional education opportunities for your child.
- Opportunity to meet and build a relationship with adoptive family.
HOPING TO ADOPT? Learn more about the adoption services we provide!
- Application Packet-- a $4,500 application fee is required with filing and actively retained with the application.
- Background Checks and Clearances-- $3,000 fee payment due
- Training and Orientation-- New Mexico requires training for all adoptive parents. We have located some high quality, online professional development to provide this adoption pre-placement training and we are also able to provide certificates for any hours of training we provide as well. The online training is provided for the parents to access with an independent company. At this point the adoptive family is expected to pay their next payment of $3,000.
- Home Study-- $4,500 payment is due. As with many states, New Mexico is standardized on the SAFE process. Our staff are certified and will engage in multiple in-home interviews with all family members. If you reside out-of-state, arrangements will be made on an individual basis to coordinate a SAFE home study. This will also include a Home Safety Inspection, but don't worry. We will go over the expectations of the inspection before the inspection so you will know what we are looking for in the Home Safety Checklist.
- Birth Parent Services -- A Mother's Choice will complete birth parent counseling before, during, and after delivery. A Mother's Choice attorney will complete termination and relinquishment hearing in Portales, NM of birth parent rights. Payment of $3,000 due when matched with a birth mom.
- Placement of your new family member! The final payment of $4,500 is due at this time.
- The total cost of adoption with A Mother's Choice is $22,500 and includes all legal fees.
We provide valuable resources, financial assistance, and professional counseling to women facing an unplanned pregnancy. Please support our mission.
Sandra Caldera is the Director of Adoptive Home and Counseling for A Mother’s Choice. She has a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Eastern New Mexico University.
New Mexico Christian Children’s Home
A Mother’s Choice
1356 NM Hwy 236 Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.356.5372, ext 125
Cell: 575-799-7752 Toll-free 800.553.2229